Pages

Sep 19, 2009

Kindle Crazy

So, I bought myself a Kindle 2 a while ago and I have to say I'm liking it.

Not liking much the fact that shortly after I bought mine they put the price down - a lot. Or that shortly after that they made another one with a larger reading screen. Why does this always happen to me?

But, in spite of those little annoyances I like my Kindle a whole bunch.

Having always been an avid reader and now starting to overflow our house with paperbacks, I figured the Kindle would be a good investment just in space saved. I do like the download feature and how I can pack around a whole... several... ahhh, many bookshelves of stories all in my little reader that fits in my purse.

I like how I can change the type to a bigger font when my eyes are tired. I don't usually leave it on the larger font as it takes more page turns and uses up more battery. But it is really nice to not have to squint to read - as any respectable reading fanatic will know just not reading isn't an option.

I agree with many that the contrast could be a bit better and the background a bit lighter, but I don't find that too distracting.

I was rather annoyed by the fact that now some publishers are starting to jack up the new release prices. I did the only thing I could - not buy the book and send an email to the publisher telling them that I thought it was shitty that they put the pricing up when one of the best features of the Kindle was the new release pricing.

Overall, a really great way to enjoy reading. I don't think I'll ever go back to buying regular books.